Small scale

Dedicated to aquatic turtles, their care and captive breeding.

Small scale

Postby Bigjoe » Fri May 20, 2016 5:41 pm

I've got on with the stand / cabinet for the exo terra Turtle terrarium I've had kicking around for some time that I used as an emergency set up a while back,seemed a shame not to do something with this as I like these even if they are a little in the small size,the large size which I will be using for this build is in my opinion ok for one small Turtle ,musk , mud etc
So with jet lag to deal with I've got on with the frame and panels today...tonight if I can't sleep I'll carry on.. :lol:
Any ideas on what this one will end up looking like...? ..here's a clue..two wheels ;)
Joe
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Bigjoe

Re: Small scale

Postby Tracy33 » Sun May 22, 2016 12:08 am

A new build , keep us posted Joe .
Hope you had a good trip , and you've caught up on some sleep .
Tracy33

Postby Bigjoe » Thu May 26, 2016 6:41 pm

The frame work ,front and both panels are all done and just back from media coating in high gloss black.
All three panels are sheet aluminium with folds on all sides to sit snug into the frames ,top sheet is where the tub will sit.
Next jobs..graphics if ready tomorrow will be applied to transform this bare frame.. ;)
I have all the external filter system ( fluval 306 70 u.s gals ) sat here ready to set up,this filter system is three times more than needed for this size set up..water quality is a must when keeping Turtles and will be hidden in the cabinet along with a uv steriliser unit.
Looks like I'm gonna be busy over the weekend
Joe
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Bigjoe

Postby Clara » Sat May 28, 2016 9:08 pm

Ooo another work in progress. Can't wait to see the end result Joe.

Clara
Clara

Postby Bigjoe » Wed Jun 01, 2016 7:31 pm

All done..filter system ( fluval 306 all up and working ) hidden in the cabinet,powersun uv for basking + hot spot ,fluval air pump just to give that extra bit of water movement ,sand substrate ,various aquatic plants ,bog wood + rocks for cover ,fake vines just to hide the pipe work..
Joe
Bigjoe

Postby Stuart » Wed Jun 01, 2016 10:42 pm

I love the way you combine your enthusiasms, Joe! Another incredibly well finished and well presented project.
(And I've always liked those tanks)
Stuart
Hermanns (old female and 5 home-bred offspring), iberas (two), kbn (rescue), leopard, horsfield (rescue), stars (2 - long term loan), red-eared sliders (5)
Stuart
Wiki Editor
Wiki Editor

Postby Avatar » Thu Jun 02, 2016 8:06 am

Your projects never cease to amaze me Joe! :lol: and I love the flamingos in your garden!
Regards,
Gloria

1 Sulcata
1 Testudo Graeca
1 Red Ear Slider
1 Chinese Striped-necked turtle
1 Reeves's turtle

Postby Tracy33 » Thu Jun 02, 2016 8:48 pm

Another fantastic job Joe , I don't know how you do it !!! ;)
Tracy33

Postby Bigjoe » Fri Jun 03, 2016 5:46 pm

Thanks gang for the kind comments,I looked at the cost of cabinets for fish tanks at our local aquatic store...very expensive for some that looked like ikea bedroom furniture not very well made..total cost of this one
Steel £45
Graphics £50
Powder coating £50...plus my time
The joy of this is you can customise at any time in the future..new powder coating in a different Color and new graphics..simple
Joe
Bigjoe

Postby ejs » Fri Jun 03, 2016 9:57 pm

Who lives in the tank? I can't see anybody in there? :lol:

Emily
ejs

Next

Return to The Turtle Pond