Anyone know where Andy has gone?

Please restrict all non-technical, non-husbandry related, and general off-topic type content to this section. Please note: we do not permit profanity or any other disrespectful or 'adult' themes or content on ANY of our forums.

Anyone know where Andy has gone?

Postby Sandy » Wed Jan 30, 2019 7:52 pm

I have not seen Andy on here for nearly a year, I do hope all is well with him and Nadine.
Sandy
< >
\0/
/_\
Sandy

Re: Anyone know where Andy has gone?

Postby Stuart » Fri Feb 01, 2019 1:41 am

I hope he is just fully immersed in his life in Spain, which I hope continues to include field work and direct observation of testudo in their natural habitats...
Stuart
Hermanns (old female and 6 home-bred offspring), iberas (two), kbn (rescue), leopard, horsfield (rescue), stars (2 - long term loan), red-eared sliders (5)
Stuart
Wiki Editor
Wiki Editor

Postby AliTBimbo » Sat Feb 02, 2019 1:19 am

I know it has been some time since he was on but didn't realise a whole year!

Hope all is well Andy and Nadine
Regards,

Ali

1:0:0 TGG Spur Thigh Fred
1:0:0 TGI Spur Thigh Barnaby

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/jillmartinfund
http://www.youniqueproducts.com/alitaylor
http://www.fredandbarnaby.co.uk
Twitter @AliTBimbo
AliTBimbo
Wiki Editor
Wiki Editor

Postby Tracy33 » Sun Feb 17, 2019 2:36 pm

Andy had been poorly for some while before , I don't know if anyone remembers that .
But hopefully he is well, and doing some intense research in Spain .

All the best to Andy and Nadine . :)
Tracy33

Postby Christinep » Sat Jun 29, 2019 3:06 pm

I sincerely hope that he is in good health.
Does anyone have an update ?
Christinep

Postby Carrie » Sun Jun 30, 2019 5:05 pm

I've also wondered about Andy and Nadine. I emailed them June 2017 asking about finding a 'new' home for a Tortoise Trust tortoise which we started fostering over 10 years ago. At the time Andy replied to say they would be on the case. I emailed again last summer as had heard nothing. Am about to email them again as have still heard nothing. Is there anyone else to contact about finding a 'new' home for a TT tortoise? This one is now about 90 years old - gorgeous female Testudo hermanni boettgeri. Sadly her male partner managed to escape and has never been found again despite extensive searching.
Carrie
Carrie

Postby Tortoise Trust » Fri Aug 09, 2019 10:56 am

Two things.

1) I was indeed ill for quite a while.
2) I was on the receiving end of some extremely serious (and credible) threats as a result of continuing to campaign for habitat protection and as a result of involvement in a case involving animal smugglers. I was advised by the police to keep a low profile for a time. The threat situation has now been resolved and the perpetrator was sent to prison last month.

I am now gearing up to get back in action.
Tortoise Trust

Postby Sandy » Fri Aug 09, 2019 11:57 am

Tortoise Trust wrote:Two things.

2) I was on the receiving end of some extremely serious (and credible) threats as a result of continuing to campaign for habitat protection and as a result of involvement in a case involving animal smugglers. I was advised by the police to keep a low profile for a time. The threat situation has now been resolved and the perpetrator was sent to prison last month.

So sorry to hear of the things that have happened, there are some strange people around who want to destroy people and things.
Welcome back you have been missed:0)
Sandy
< >
\0/
/_\
Sandy

Postby tortydat » Fri Aug 09, 2019 4:21 pm

Tortoise Trust wrote:Two things.

Hi Andy

Really good to hear that you are back in circulation and look forward to hearing what's new in the Tortoise Trust world.

Mary
tortydat

Postby Tracy33 » Wed Aug 14, 2019 4:31 pm

Hello there Andy .

Things sound like they are looking up for you now then , ( sorry for your situations ), but it's super great to see you back !!!... :D

All the best , Tracy .
Tracy33

Next

Return to The Basking Spot