Greenhouse hatch doors

You can post photos of your tortoises (or even yourself) here, also photos of your setups, pens, etc. ONE THREAD PER USER PLEASE (just post to the same thread you want to change or add anything). This will help prevent the other board areas from becoming overloaded with miscellaneous images from the same user.

Greenhouse hatch doors

Postby terrypin » Fri Oct 14, 2016 11:00 pm

These are how my hatch doors work in my greenhouse . It is a simple system you can see how they are fixed by the first picture. In the second picture you can just see the block of wood that is screwed to the other side of the door. It is slightly narrower than the doorway so that when you lift up and reverse the door it will slide all the way down shutting off the house. I find these doors work no matter how much soil and debris they drag through the doorway. Every other type of door I tried be it drawbridge or just swing door soon got completely blocked up and had to be dug out every time you wanted to close it.
terrypin

Re: Greenhouse hatch doors

Postby Tortoise Trust » Sat Oct 15, 2016 6:52 am

Yes.... that is identical to the system we had when we were in Wales. Works very well.
Tortoise Trust

Re: Greenhouse hatch doors

Postby terrypin » Sat Oct 15, 2016 7:51 am

sometimes simple is best.
terrypin

Return to The Shelled Gallery