Hong Kong and China

You can post photos of your tortoises (or even yourself) here, also photos of your setups, pens, etc. ONE THREAD PER USER PLEASE (just post to the same thread you want to change or add anything). This will help prevent the other board areas from becoming overloaded with miscellaneous images from the same user.

Re: Hong Kong and China

Postby Julie » Fri Apr 22, 2011 9:42 am

I find this very upsetting. The amount of animals........Im lost for printable words to be used on a public forum :cry:
Julie

Postby Brian » Fri Apr 22, 2011 11:16 am

It concerns me that these people choose to eat what we regard as pets......... :-(
Brian

pa2ttrc
Brian

Postby Stuart » Fri Apr 22, 2011 11:26 am

Chris says that the similar range of species in the food markets are, ironically, kept/displayed in better conditions than in the pet market. presumably on health grounds (for the human consumer, not the animals').
Stuart
Hermanns (old female and 5 home-bred offspring), iberas (two), kbn (rescue), leopard, horsfield (rescue), stars (2 - long term loan), red-eared sliders (5)
Stuart
Wiki Editor
Wiki Editor

Postby insenceaddict » Fri Apr 22, 2011 7:03 pm

words fail me!
Jacqui
Jacqui X
insenceaddict

Postby chrisotley » Wed Jul 06, 2016 11:10 pm

I'm told that while that particular market has seen a crackdown on endangered/rare mammals, there's been little change with regard to chelonia since I first posted these.
chrisotley

Postby Stuart » Thu Jul 21, 2016 7:03 pm

Sad.
Stuart
Hermanns (old female and 5 home-bred offspring), iberas (two), kbn (rescue), leopard, horsfield (rescue), stars (2 - long term loan), red-eared sliders (5)
Stuart
Wiki Editor
Wiki Editor

Postby Sue Doxat » Sat May 05, 2018 9:49 am

I've only just seen this thread. Cultures are very different and some just don't consider animals as beings at all, animals who feel pain, distress and fear just as we do. I can't understand how it seems nobody there can speak up for those poor animals. At least this market has been identified and protected species not sold here. What can we do about this, petitions, RSPCA or other animal protection agencies, any suggestions. The pictures are horrifying but need to be shown in order to make some vital changes.
Sue Doxat

Previous

Return to The Shelled Gallery