POSTING PHOTOS GUIDE

You can post photos of your tortoises (or even yourself) here, also photos of your setups, pens, etc. ONE THREAD PER USER PLEASE (just post to the same thread you want to change or add anything). This will help prevent the other board areas from becoming overloaded with miscellaneous images from the same user.

POSTING PHOTOS GUIDE

Postby Tortoise Trust » Sun Apr 05, 2009 10:39 am

Posting Photos

Here’s how to post photos on this forum. The forum itself does not host the images, all it does is include a link which it then ‘reads’ the image from to display it. This means that you need to host the image file on another server. This can be somewhere on your own web space, or on a photo hosting site like Photobucket.

Here’s how to prepare an image:

With photo editing software (such as Photoshop) size the image to around 8” or 20 cm wide and set the dpi to 72. This is also approximately 1024 pixels wide. Save as a medium resolution JPEG file. This will give decent image quality without being too large or slow to display.

How to upload and display from your own web space:

With an FTP program, upload to your chosen web space. Then, copy this web address, including the full image file name, using ‘Copy’ and then ‘Paste’ it into your message. Then highlight the link and press the IMG button on the STYLE menu which is just above where you write your message. This will insert two small pieces of code before and after your link that tells the forum to display your image.

USING PHOTOBUCKET

First, create an account at www.photobucket.com.

Then, upload your image. Full instructions are provided by Photobucket.

Once the image is in your album, you need to generate the code to share it on the forum. This is easy. SELECT your image. Click the MORE tag under ‘share options’.

Click the tag to generate an IMG code.

It will copy to your clipboard and looks like this:

http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/gg21 ... loseup.jpg

(except it has the ‘IMG’ code before and after).

With those, it then changes from a link to this:

Now just PASTE this into your message and hit PREVIEW to check it displays properly. Then SUBMIT.

Andy
Tortoise Trust

Re: POSTING PHOTOS GUIDE

Postby Madtortlady » Fri Sep 11, 2009 7:44 am

Thank you SO much! Will keep this info. and go through it when have some time.
Kind regards
Claire Manigrasso (Madtortlady)
Claire Manigrasso (Madtortlady)! Been keeping Med. spur-thigheds since 30 April 1960. Never ever, sold any! Due to unforeseen circumstances, sadly needing to rehome some of my 'family'!
TORTOISES ARE STILL 'PETS FOR LIFE & BEYOND'!
Madtortlady

Postby Dorothy » Wed Oct 14, 2009 7:03 pm

[img]http://i930.photobucket.c[IMG]http://i930.photobucket.com/albums/ad142/Dorothy1969/100_2814.jpg[/img]om/albums/ad142/Dorothy1969/100_2813.jpg[/IMG]ImageImageImage
Dorothy

Postby Tama » Fri Sep 24, 2010 3:49 pm

Hello!

Is it ok to post videos of Tortoises in this sub-forum? And are there tags or a code to embed Youtube videos here?

Regards
Tama

Postby Hera1 » Thu Apr 14, 2011 8:52 pm

testing 1234 Image
Hera1

Postby insenceaddict » Fri Apr 15, 2011 3:03 pm

I use photo bucket and once i worked out how to do it :roll: :roll: , have found that the easiest way. :D
Jacqui
Jacqui X
insenceaddict

Return to The Shelled Gallery