cheap PAR38 bulbs

A new area where you can share your existing housing and habitat ideas by posting photos, and where you can discuss ways to optimise and improve both indoor and outdoor habitats, no matter where you live.

cheap PAR38 bulbs

Postby Stuart » Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:53 pm

My local Homebase is selling off their stock of PAR38 spotlight bulbs for only £2 each (both the 1000 and the 700 Lm) -
apparently because they're Homebase branded, and they want to get rid of all their "Homebase" brands as they complete the transition to Bunnings.

I was told they would probably be re-stocking with a different brand, eg Philips, but I'm slightly worried that they may not stock this bulb in future. But in any case, I'm stocking up, as I rely on them for use as basking lamps. They're made for security lights, so they're tough tough enough for GH or even outside use (in the appropriate fittings, of course). But as I burn them for up to 12 hours a day, I do get through quite a few each year: so definitely worth stock piling at this current price!

It might be worth members checking out their own local stores, in readiness for the spring awakening.
Stuart
Hermanns (old female and 5 home-bred offspring), iberas (two), kbn (rescue), leopard, horsfield (rescue), stars (2 - long term loan), red-eared sliders (5)
Stuart
Wiki Editor
Wiki Editor

Re: cheap PAR38 bulbs

Postby Tracy33 » Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:13 pm

Sounds like a plan Stuart , and you indeed have there a bargain !!!
Tracy33

Return to Housing and Habitat Design