Coldframe / Cloche experiment for you

A new area where you can share your existing housing and habitat ideas by posting photos, and where you can discuss ways to optimise and improve both indoor and outdoor habitats, no matter where you live.

Re: Coldframe / Cloche experiment for you

Postby Sue Doxat » Sat Sep 19, 2015 5:04 pm

What sort of angle should we aim for or is that to general a question. I was thinking of a" lean to" against a wall with brick base to avoid tort from trying to walk through the side? Thought that would make most of a Suntrap instead of a polytunnel, it would mean a walk through area rather than enclosed
Sue Doxat

Postby Tortoise Trust » Sat Sep 19, 2015 10:54 pm

30-40 degrees is generally optimal.
Tortoise Trust

Postby fethiyeman » Wed Apr 13, 2016 9:40 pm

Hi all,
Not an expert on ir thermometers but the small maplin one is not that good because the 1/1 ratio means you have to almost touch the the object you want the temp of . a better one is 12/1 meaning for an inch area of the subject being measured you can hold the ir at 12 inches distance handy if the subject is in its house. i have just bought a Mini RayTemp from ETI who make them, tec details -50 to 330c. +or-2c(0-330c) Target ratio 12/1.PP3 Batt 1year garantee.£23.74 including vat and p/p this is a small proper gun type.
John and Bonnie and Clyde and Josie who is stuffing herself silly at the moment

Just realised this is an old posting and long gone. Sorry should have looked at the date
fethiyeman

Postby DSterantino » Fri Mar 09, 2018 9:27 pm

Has anyone found a supplier in the US for this UV Transmitting sheet? Or a UK supplier that will ship to the US? I would like to try a few of these frames as a means to reduce humidity for my bowsprit tortoises during the summer in NY which can be rather humid.

Or an individual in the UK that would be willing to mail me some?

Thanks - Dan
DSterantino

Postby Clara » Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:11 pm

Hi Dan,
Have you tried Northern Polytunnels in the UK? They were very accommodating about posting to me in France.

Hope you have some success.
Clara
Clara

Postby DSterantino » Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:59 am

Thanks Clara - I have not....but I will !

Dan
DSterantino

Previous

Return to Housing and Habitat Design