Lumisol sheets

A new area where you can share your existing housing and habitat ideas by posting photos, and where you can discuss ways to optimise and improve both indoor and outdoor habitats, no matter where you live.

Lumisol sheets

Postby tracietortoise » Mon May 08, 2017 10:03 pm

Hi, I wonder if anyone can help point me in the right direction . . . I would like to buy some Lumisol (or similar?) sheets to use to make some new cold frame type shelters for use in my outdoor tortoise pens. I live in the east midlands but happy to either travel or perhaps some one can recommend a mail order supplier. Any pointers much appreciated thank you :-)
tracietortoise

Re: Lumisol sheets

Postby Bigjoe » Tue May 09, 2017 10:09 am

Bigjoe

Postby tracietortoise » Tue May 09, 2017 10:30 pm

hi joe, thanks for the link - some good build ideas on there. I also found this company https://www.plasticstockist.com/UV-Grad ... Sheet.aspx . They will do custom sizes which would be great to fit into a frame but i don't know if the amount of uv that this stuff transmits is high enough for torts. Never easy trying to do the best for them is it! :roll:
tracietortoise

Postby Bigjoe » Wed May 10, 2017 7:42 pm

I'd stick to the lumisol clear that was used in the climate frame experiment...excellent results and very easy to work with,I had a look on your link you posted but didn't find any materials suitable that would let in uv like the lumisol does..I'd personally use some if the clear products they sell only for viewing panels/Windows's.
Hope this helps
Joe
Bigjoe

Postby tracietortoise » Fri May 12, 2017 9:56 pm

Thanks joe .. Appreciate your input - I'll stick with the Lumisol clear 8-)
tracietortoise

Return to Housing and Habitat Design