Bobby is up!

All questions relating to hibernation can be placed here. It will make a good reference source for new keepers and keep hibernation related topics in one place, and easy to find.

Bobby is up!

Postby Clara » Fri Mar 17, 2017 9:38 pm

Just thought you might like to know that Bobby - the old Whitei that we adopted through TT last year has emerged fit and well from her first fridge hibernation. Our 2 juvenile Hermanns are also tearing around their outdoor enclosures once again.

:D Happy new (Med) tortoise season! :D

Clara
Clara

Re: Bobby is up!

Postby Stuart » Fri Mar 17, 2017 10:34 pm

That's good news. It's always good to see them up and about again! We tortoise keepers must have a different notion of spring from other people, even gardeners and farmers! (Although I have to admit that my own tortoises' hibernation times are out of sync with the availability of new growth dandelions! - good for sales of Florette Crispy and Winter Greens, though!)
Stuart
Hermanns (old female and 5 home-bred offspring), iberas (two), kbn (rescue), leopard, horsfield (rescue), stars (2 - long term loan), red-eared sliders (5)
Stuart
Wiki Editor
Wiki Editor

Postby Tracy33 » Sat Mar 18, 2017 6:22 pm

Well done Clara , it is indeed , great to see them up .
My little one is up too !! :D
Tracy33

Postby Bigjoe » Tue Mar 21, 2017 6:43 pm

Excellent Clara...all mine up and causing trouble
Joe
Bigjoe

Postby fethiyeman » Wed Mar 22, 2017 5:55 pm

Hi All,
My 70year Josie has been up about a week but only started eating yesterday which was a big relief!! Although she was under the ground for quite a while I think it was a very light hibernation as the lowest temperature in the ground where I live in Essex was 6 degrees and for a lot of the time around 10degrees!! what has happened to winter.
John with 2felines Bonnie and Clyde and Josie
fethiyeman

Return to Hibernation Q&A