General shopping for a fridge was fun

All questions relating to hibernation can be placed here. It will make a good reference source for new keepers and keep hibernation related topics in one place, and easy to find.

General shopping for a fridge was fun

Postby Clinty » Thu Nov 12, 2015 9:48 pm

Hiya

I am guessing many of you have fun when you tell people you use a fridge for hibination to others if you do.

I got the best one this year, I used to use an old Budweiser fridge but it broke down so I went to get a new one with my dad.
We brought the box for hibination into the shop to check that it will fit etc in their display models.

I was asking a man who was working there for the temp of the fridge, he told me and my dad said to him oh it's not for drinks it's for the tortoise!

He seem to go into a kind of shocked mode and ran up to me and said errrr is it legal? Lol

Has anyone else had these experiences?
Clinty

Re: General shopping for a fridge was fun

Postby Tink_Tonks_Torts » Wed Sep 07, 2016 1:56 am

I am going to have to go buy a fridge to hibernate ours this winter, I might be devilish and play up for the shop assistants. Surely everyone knows tortoises hibernate, though I guess my generation never thought of putting them in a fridge, just doing what Blue Peter did in the 80s :roll:
Karen
Novice tortoise owner - 2 Hermann's born Oct/Nov 2015
Experienced degu owner - 16 rescue degus, most with health issues as a result of poor husbandry/diet prior to rescue
Highly experienced stay at home mum to 3 kids (kept them alive anyway)
Tink_Tonks_Torts

Return to Hibernation Q&A