just found tortoise has weed in hibination!

All questions relating to hibernation can be placed here. It will make a good reference source for new keepers and keep hibernation related topics in one place, and easy to find.

Re: just found tortoise has weed in hibination!

Postby karen54 » Sat Feb 04, 2017 2:53 pm

Hi
Just to let everyone know..Derek has been up and tucking into food again over the last few days
I did recheck the temps right down this time under the lamp and they averaging between 32 and 35 and between 25 and 30
at the other end ..he is right by the window so he has that light as well as his strip light
The ambient temp in the conservatory has been between 55 & 60...I make it warm as I work in there
The main thing is he seems none the worse for his urine experience...think it was me that suffered most!
thanks for all your advice
karen54

Re: just found tortoise has weed in hibination!

Postby Sandy » Sat Feb 04, 2017 4:00 pm

karen54 wrote:Hi
Just to let everyone know..Derek has been up and tucking into food again over the last few days
I did recheck the temps right down this time under the lamp and they averaging between 32 and 35 and between 25 and 30
at the other end ..he is right by the window so he has that light as well as his strip light
The ambient temp in the conservatory has been between 55 & 60...I make it warm as I work in there
The main thing is he seems none the worse for his urine experience...think it was me that suffered most!
thanks for all your advice

Its always the keeper that stresses:0)
Tortoises are a lot tougher than most people think, otherwise they would not have survived millions of years:0)
Sandy
< >
\0/
/_\
Sandy

Previous

Return to Hibernation Q&A