URGENT: Advert for rehoming - Wimbledon area

This list is of animals currently reported to us in need of a new home. Descriptions and circumstances (where known) are included. Full contact details are not. You will need to request these details. We must be satisfied that you have adequate facilities for the species you are applying for. There are no charges whatsoever.

URGENT: Advert for rehoming - Wimbledon area

Postby RichardMTCP » Wed Apr 12, 2017 8:06 am

Just had a friend forward an email to me advertising 4 tortoises (doesn't mention species but assume T. graeca / hermanni) that belonged to the poster's mother, free to a good home. Advert is as follows:

"4 gorgeous tortoises who have been loved and nurtured by my ageing mother need a new home as she is now selling her house in Wimbledon, London. My mother has cared for them for over 50 years, feeding them up in the spring after hibernation. They had a lovely garden to roam around in the summer months. My mother would put them in cardboard boxes in a dark place for the winter months. So fairly easy to care for but they need a garden to roam around in. They are free to the right carer."

Please would an experienced keeper takes these in before they end up going somewhere unsuitable?

Weblink and contact here: https://www.radio-hp.co.uk/posting/juPlRJtB5HfR65fuQsmlzoGYK7GNUMK7/lnk_5tIsFkeJlr3UxDmx6K3VRxtBEOVBZ9B5co8SMEt16fi9sAxgHQhXDbAcQn5E
RichardMTCP

Re: URGENT: Advert for rehoming - Wimbledon area

Postby FredandFrank » Wed Apr 12, 2017 12:54 pm

Hi Richard

Apologies if you receive multiple replies from me I am not sure if I posted my reply correctly. I have contacted Anastasia.

Regards, Anne
FredandFrank

Postby RichardMTCP » Thu Apr 13, 2017 1:06 am

Hi Anne,

Fantastic news! Please keep me updated. I'd love to know these guys found a great home.

Best regards,

Richard
RichardMTCP

Postby FredandFrank » Thu Apr 13, 2017 3:49 pm

Hi Richard

I have contacted Anastasia twice but have heard nothing. I will try again, maybe there is a glitch with the system at her end? Or mine.

Will keep you posted.

Anne
FredandFrank

Postby RichardMTCP » Thu Apr 13, 2017 8:18 pm

Hi Anne,

I'm not sure if Anastasia is a friend or contact of the person who forwarded me the advert, but I've just contacted her to see if she has any alternative contact details for Anastasia. I'll let you know asap.

Best regards,

Richard
RichardMTCP

Postby FredandFrank » Fri Apr 14, 2017 11:13 am

Thanks Richard
FredandFrank

Return to Rescue and Rehoming (Public)