Is this Normal ?

Use this forum to discuss any question or topic not included under the specialty headings.

Is this Normal ?

Postby Tracy33 » Mon Jun 11, 2018 6:09 pm

I don't know what to make of this , as my tortoise has been doing this for about four to five years . yes , always with this same water pool . If you move it , he chases it , he sits with it , sometimes sleeps with it , and well , the photo shows you the rest !!..

I dare not put the water pool in the garden or GH , as he would sit with it all day !!. It belongs in his indoor tortoise table , and he will take a bath in it , no problem .

He is between nine and ten years old .

I have wanted to pop this post on here for a while , so would be happy if anyone could let me know if this is normal ?
Tracy33

Re: Is this Normal ?

Postby Sandy » Mon Jun 11, 2018 8:44 pm

Tracy33 wrote:Image

I don't know what to make of this , as my tortoise has been doing this for about four to five years . yes , always with this same water pool . If you move it , he chases it , he sits with it , sometimes sleeps with it , and well , the photo shows you the rest !!..

I dare not put the water pool in the garden or GH , as he would sit with it all day !!. It belongs in his indoor tortoise table , and he will take a bath in it , no problem .

He is between nine and ten years old .

I have wanted to pop this post on here for a while , so would be happy if anyone could let me know if this is normal ?

Lol males are renown for trying to mate with different objects, shoes, stone statues etc. All perfectly normal for a male tortoise.
Gets funny if you are wearing the shoe:0)
Sandy
< >
\0/
/_\
Sandy

Re: Is this Normal ?

Postby Tracy33 » Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:49 am

Oh , okay , thanks for your reply Sandy .

I guess he has taken much of a liking to the water pool then , as for years there has been nothing else . I think I would rather that , then the shoe thing !!..

Thanks again Sandy .
Tracy33

Return to General Tortoise and Turtle Topics