Tortoise and Hedgehogs?

Use this forum to discuss any question or topic not included under the specialty headings.

Tortoise and Hedgehogs?

Postby fethiyeman » Thu Jul 26, 2018 4:00 pm

Hi All,
A Hedgehog has moved in with my Tortoise !! Is there any problems with allowing this to go on?? The hedgehog is sleeping along side the tortoise.
John and felines Bonnie & Clyde Josie the tort and possibly Fred/Fredrica the Hedgehog
fethiyeman

Re: Tortoise and Hedgehogs?

Postby Sandy » Thu Jul 26, 2018 5:36 pm

fethiyeman wrote:Hi All,
A Hedgehog has moved in with my Tortoise !! Is there any problems with allowing this to go on?? The hedgehog is sleeping along side the tortoise.
John and felines Bonnie & Clyde Josie the tort and possibly Fred/Fredrica the Hedgehog

The main one would be the blood sucking things that can also transfer to humans. Sorry I am having a senior moment after three weeks of looking after my very active grand children here in the south of France, which is hotter than the UK:0) so can't remember the blood suckers name:0(
Sandy
< >
\0/
/_\
Sandy

Postby Sandy » Fri Jul 27, 2018 8:39 am

They are ticks that blood suck:0)
Sandy
< >
\0/
/_\
Sandy

Postby ejs » Sat Jul 28, 2018 9:00 am

Hi

I have just added the chain of responses which I received when considering the same thing. Hope it helps.

Emily
ejs

Postby Tracy33 » Sat Jul 28, 2018 1:02 pm

Sandy wrote:
fethiyeman wrote:Hi All,

The main one would be the blood sucking things that can also transfer to humans. Sorry I am having a senior moment after three weeks of looking after my very active grand children here in the south of France, which is hotter than the UK:0) so can't remember the blood suckers name:0(

Hope you are having a nice time Sandy ? ;)
Tracy33

Postby fethiyeman » Mon Jul 30, 2018 9:51 am

thanks for replying Sandy, with luck it was just a tourist on a one night stay as it's gone and i can't any sign of it in the garden
just as well as those ticks can result in " Limes Disease" which could be a killer in certain parts of the country

John with Bonnie & Clyde not forgetting Josie the Tort
fethiyeman

Return to General Tortoise and Turtle Topics