Tortoise Trust DVD's - Back Soon!

Use this forum to discuss any question or topic not included under the specialty headings.

Tortoise Trust DVD's - Back Soon!

Postby Tortoise Trust » Sun Nov 30, 2014 3:17 pm

We have had many, many requests for these.... so in response to that, we are re-issuing the entire series very soon.

We have recent had the entire series re-mastered and made available in environmentally friendly new packaging. One result of this is that they will be available at less cost than they were originally (!) and will be able to be shipped worldwide completely free of postage costs.

There is LOADS of very good, still relevant information in these! Many include quite a comprehensive downloadable booklet, too.

The main titles are:

Care & Maintenance of Mediterranean (Greek) Tortoises

Includes sections on identification, indoor/ outdoor housing, behaviour and feeding. Excellent! With downloadable booklet. For all Testudo graeca group tortoises. Includes ID guide.

Keeping Tortoises as Pets
Designed for the beginner, this DVD offers a comprehensive outline of precisely what is involved in keeping tortoises as pets.

Introduction to the Tortoises of Southern Africa
Filmed entirely in South Africa, this exciting and unique film depicts many species in their natural habitats and discusses their fascinating lifestyles. Features leopard tortoises, angulate tortoises, hinge-back tortoises, tent tortoises and much more. 50 minutes.

Care of the Russian Tortoise

Complete with informative booklet covering all aspects of the care of this species. Indoor and outdoor accommodation, diet, hibernation, etc. Highly recommended.

Care of Leopand and Sulcata Tortoises

Downloadable booklet on the care of these fascinating and popular tortoises included. Highly recommended.

Designing and Using a Tortoise Egg Incubator
Specific information on incubator designs, construction methods and how to use an incubator once made. How to make incubators which work quickly and cheaply as well as more advanced designs.

Practical Care of Painted Turtles and Red-Eared Sliders

Very comprehensive, shows exactly how to set up and maintain these turtles. Info on filters, surface mount ponds, etc. Includes downloadable book.

Care of Aquatic Turtles

An in-depth look at ponds, filters, and habitat creation for various aquatic species.

Conservation and Captive Husbandry of the Egyptian Tortoise (Testudo kleinmanni)

Filmed in Egypt. Includes captive breeding and practical care.

Feeding Tortoises: New Directions in Nutritional Management

Explains how and why origins and habitat influence diet... a simplified explanation of how tortoise biology relates to practical care and feeding.

American Box Turtles: Care and Rehabilitation

Originally produced for wildlife rescues, includes a lot of practical information on dealing with rescues and injured turtles.

Final details will be available shortly.

In addition... we have been busy... and some new ones (in HD and Blu-Ray) will be out too next year!

Watch this space...
Tortoise Trust

Re: Tortoise Trust DVD's - Back Soon!

Postby Joan » Sun Nov 30, 2014 3:21 pm

Perhaps I can replace some of my old stone age Videos, Andy!!!
Joan

Postby Bigjoe » Sun Nov 30, 2014 9:13 pm

Now if you could get these ready for this coming christmas holiday I'd have something to add to miss Paula's list of things to get me,keep us posted with release dates Andy
Joe
Bigjoe

Postby AliTBimbo » Mon Dec 01, 2014 6:42 pm

Looking forward to these! Will be watching for release date :)
Regards,

Ali

1:0:0 TGG Spur Thigh Fred
0:0:1 TGI Spur Thigh Baby Barnaby

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/jillmartinfund
http://www.fredandbarnaby.co.uk
Twitter @AliTBimbo
AliTBimbo
Wiki Editor
Wiki Editor

Postby Jonesy » Mon Dec 01, 2014 10:36 pm

went into a drawer tonight and found all of the TT video tapes - Do I throw or not???????????? that is the question?
Linda

Pre Alpin Foods, Seeds, Calcium, Hedgehog rescue http://www.tortoiselady.co.uk
Donation given to Jill Martin Fund for every sale of pre alpin
Holiday Bungalow at http://www.gullrockfairbourne.co.uk
Jonesy

Postby Tortoise Trust » Tue Dec 02, 2014 10:31 am

If you have a VHS player, you can watch them still, of course... :lol:

The quality on the DVD's is a lot better, though!

Also, the REALLY, REALLY OLD videos (!) are not available on DVD, so those are probably collector's items... or antiques :lol: :lol:

Incidentally, the ones we are working on now are all being filmed in really stunning super-HD (4K) and are so realistic you feel like you are actually in the habitat...
Tortoise Trust

Postby Tracy33 » Thu Dec 04, 2014 12:56 am

Wow , can't wait Andy , sounds great . :D
Tracy33

Postby Tortoise Trust » Sat Dec 06, 2014 11:35 am

They are all available now. We received them yesterday, and it is nice to have them back again, many, many people had inquired about these. They can be normally be mailed within 48 hours.

The full range can be seen by going to the 'Educational DVD' tab here:

http://www.easycatalog.net/home/tortoise/

They are considerably lower in price than they were 5 years ago, and free postage is included.
Tortoise Trust

Postby Bigjoe » Sat Dec 06, 2014 4:56 pm

Excellent news Andy...now I have something to watch over the Christmas holiday..
Order sent
Joe
Bigjoe

Postby Tortoise Trust » Sat Dec 06, 2014 11:38 pm

Well, they'll make a break from the usual repeats! :lol:

I watched the 'South African Tortoise' one myself today. A lot of work went into that, and it bought back a lot of memories. There is some truly incredible footage on there of male combat in Leopard tortoises, and the famous swimming scene... I will never forget that. Just happened to be in exactly the right place at the right time! A lot of very rare species shown in that film - some of which I had never even seen before. I remember being behind the camera for one scene, and then hearing a very loud, low "HISS" only a a few feet away... huge puff adder siting there, under a bush, watching us.... we very, very carefully moved away....
Tortoise Trust

Next

Return to General Tortoise and Turtle Topics