IMPORTANT - TORTOISES NEED YOUR HELP NOW

Use this forum to discuss any question or topic not included under the specialty headings.

Re: IMPORTANT - TORTOISES NEED YOUR HELP NOW

Postby Madtortlady » Sun Oct 18, 2015 10:04 am

By the time you all read this (at time of writing ONLY 4 more signatures required!!!) petition will be FULL
Claire Manigrasso (Madtortlady)! Been keeping Med. spur-thigheds since 30 April 1960. Never ever, sold any! Due to unforeseen circumstances, sadly needing to rehome some of my 'family'!
TORTOISES ARE STILL 'PETS FOR LIFE & BEYOND'!
Madtortlady

Postby Madtortlady » Sun Oct 18, 2015 10:07 am

As I write, petition only needs 4 more signatures! By the time you read this, you able to set up a fresh one, however, that is done :?: :!: More notifications on Fbk have gone out by me this morning & MORE Tweets, to which I have had many RTs - it really is 'global' now :!: :!:
Claire Manigrasso (Madtortlady)! Been keeping Med. spur-thigheds since 30 April 1960. Never ever, sold any! Due to unforeseen circumstances, sadly needing to rehome some of my 'family'!
Madtortlady

Postby Tortoise Trust » Sun Oct 18, 2015 10:46 am

Need another 500 to get to 1,000 :lol:

Keep 'em coming....
Tortoise Trust

Postby Pam » Sun Oct 18, 2015 5:18 pm

Signed Andy, will pass the word around.
Pam

Postby Avatar » Mon Oct 19, 2015 12:46 pm

Signed and shared ;)
Regards,
Gloria

1 Sulcata
1 Testudo Graeca
1 Red Ear Slider
1 Chinese Striped-necked turtle
1 Reeves's turtle

Postby bsmith » Tue Oct 20, 2015 1:36 pm

Hi Andy

Keep up the good work! I have signed. Lets hope the authorities take notice and do something about it. Am in Spain next week and will be visiting the sites you showed us. Really looking forward to it.

Regards
Barbara
bsmith

Postby bluenosem » Tue Oct 20, 2015 7:42 pm

signed :)
bluenosem

Postby Tortoise Trust » Thu Oct 22, 2015 12:50 pm

Update:

"Two regional deputies of the political party "PODEMOS" (Maria Gimenez and Antonio Urbina) met at the headquarters of the Parliament of the Region of Murcia (Spain) with the secretary of ACUDE, Juan Luis Castanedo, in order to talk about land stewardship and the problems of the spur-thighed tortoises (Testudo graeca graeca) captives. These tortoises were delivered by people to one center belonging to the Regional Government.of Murcia"

http://custodiadelterritorio.com/index. ... &Itemid=18

It is important we spread the word and keep the pressure on... it's POLITICIANS we have to influence.....
Tortoise Trust

Postby Madtortlady » Thu Oct 29, 2015 6:39 pm

Still been tweeting & going on Facebook, where I don't seem to get v. much response, sadly - even in some of the 'groups'.
People seem to react more strongly when mammals are involved when situations are just as bad for our dear, old, reptiles!

So VERY much animal cruelty going on in world & on 28th Oct. LOTS of tweets about the dolphin slaughter at Taiji, Japan. But bn. 'back on the case' today; family, too, now!
Madtortlady

PreviousNext

Return to General Tortoise and Turtle Topics