Rehoming - Clarification

Use this forum to discuss any question or topic not included under the specialty headings.

Re: Rehoming - Clarification

Postby carlygeorge » Wed Jan 05, 2011 11:58 pm

Andy,

In reply to your first post where you said people could come out and see what you are doing. I have actually been considering contacting you for awhile in relation to this. In May I am spending a week in Mojacar (probably spelt wrong sorry) for a wedding and I was wondering if I could come and spend a day or two with you seeing what goes on?? Purely for curiosity reasons.....and I stress not because I doubt the tortoise trust.... I think TT is fantastic it provided me with all of my information before I got my tortoises and I even bought a couple of your books! I bought two Hermanns from a breeder in October and I had no idea how obsessed you become with them :o). I am always checking this forum and the website for further information and just to see what is going on!! And I think spending time with the TT out there would benefit my my two Torts. I will understand completely if this is not possible but I saw an opportunity and jumped for it.

I look forward to your response.

Carly
carlygeorge

Postby Tortoise Trust » Thu Jan 06, 2011 8:21 am

Hi Carly,

We welcome members who are visiting the area to get in touch. If we are available we are happy to meet up and show them around. You spelled Mojacar right, by the way. It is a very nice place and there are tortoises in the immediate vicinity (though not easy to find). There are two parts to the town, Mojacar Playa (beach) and the old town, Mojacar Pueblo. Both very nice and interesting - not over developed like so many regions of coastal Spain. We should certainly be available in May, so I will PM you with full contact details. Like I said - we really welcome visiting TT members. Nothing like seeing these habitats in person.
Tortoise Trust

Postby carlygeorge » Thu Jan 06, 2011 10:06 am

Thanks Andy I look forward to receiving the PM with further details and I am very excited ALREADY :-)

Carly
carlygeorge

Postby vonnie » Thu Feb 03, 2011 5:34 pm

Help, I am having trouble getting around this site, may be due to the fact that me and computers don't get on. Anyway can someone tell me where I go on here to rehome my 2 torts, not that I don't love them anymore, just due to personal bits Thanks Vonnie
vonnie

Postby Guy » Thu Feb 03, 2011 6:58 pm

Vonnie, if you pm Julie she will sort you out. Although I am sure that Julie will see this post and message you with details.
Guy
Guy

Postby marcusgribble » Thu Feb 03, 2011 8:35 pm

Because tortoises are becoming more & more popular pets there is more & more demand for rehoming services, I can see this being a huge problem in the future, not necessarily tortoises being taken from the wild (although that does still happen), but for tortoises bred in farms abroad. The exotics market has become flooded with cheap imports. I think andy has had to draw the line somewhere otherwise tt would become unindated with tortoises and lose track of what they are trying to achieve, that is putting in the research and understanding wild populations so that tortoises can be protected in the wild. There seems to be loads of adverts for leopard tortoises and increasing amounts of sulcata as they are being advertised as baby, cute & tiny(not for long) it is going to be a massive issue over the next few years as tortoises live longer(should live longer) than dogs.

Marcus
1 male & 3 females Hermanni Boettgeri, 1 hatchling thb & 5 eggs
marcusgribble

Postby Julie » Fri Feb 04, 2011 9:35 am

Vonnie, please contact me at sankey_julie@yahoo.com
I will need details of the Tortoises, species, diet, how they have been kept, including photographs of the top, underside of shell, head and tail area. Once i have the details, i can list them in the rehoming section.
Julie

Postby sharrie » Sat Feb 05, 2011 10:36 pm

:?: what does it mean by afully paid up member

sharrie
sharrie

Postby Jonesy » Sat Feb 05, 2011 11:13 pm

It means that you are a member that has paid their subscription to Tortoise Trust.
Linda

Pre Alpin Foods, Seeds, Calcium, Hedgehog rescue http://www.tortoiselady.co.uk
Donation given to Jill Martin Fund for every sale of pre alpin
Holiday Bungalow at http://www.gullrockfairbourne.co.uk
Jonesy

Postby vonnie » Tue Feb 08, 2011 6:31 pm

Guy wrote:Vonnie, if you pm Julie she will sort you out. Although I am sure that Julie will see this post and message you with details.

Hi Guy,
thanks for pm, I am really struggling with this computer. I live in Basingstoke, Hants. Julie has been in touch and is asking for pics, but I don't know how to send them on this machine, I really hate computers :-(
Thanks for offer of help though

Vonnie
vonnie

PreviousNext

Return to General Tortoise and Turtle Topics