Tortoise drag back leg

Please note: This forum cannot diagnose animals or recommend specific treatments. Sick animals MUST be seen by a qualified veterinarian. General questions relating to disease prevention, the early recognition of problems, and recommended veterinarians may be posted here, however.

Tortoise drag back leg

Postby mayoya22 » Mon Oct 15, 2018 10:55 am

Helllo
I need help , suddenly last week i find my one of my tortoises ( 6 years old hatched in my house ) unable to walk on his right back leg .. i checked it the leg color looks normal to me , i just notices slight swelling on the top of the thigh
i attached 10 seconds video

I'm feeding my tortoises fresh green leaves , they walk in the sun daily , take warm baths , i provide calcium as well

video-1539152650.rar
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
mayoya22

Re: Tortoise drag back leg

Postby Sandy » Mon Oct 15, 2018 12:36 pm

mayoya22 wrote:Helllo
I need help , suddenly last week i find my one of my tortoises ( 6 years old hatched in my house ) unable to walk on his right back leg .. i checked it the leg color looks normal to me , i just notices slight swelling on the top of the thigh
i attached 10 seconds video

I'm feeding my tortoises fresh green leaves , they walk in the sun daily , take warm baths , i provide calcium as well

video-1539152650.rar

I would recommend a visit to a tortoise vet, as it could be gout:0)
Whenever you see something new happening and you are not sure, then the vet is needed. As it take a long time to happen, and just as long to heal:0)
Sandy
< >
\0/
/_\
Sandy

Return to Health and Veterinary Topics