Panacur paste

Please note: This forum cannot diagnose animals or recommend specific treatments. Sick animals MUST be seen by a qualified veterinarian. General questions relating to disease prevention, the early recognition of problems, and recommended veterinarians may be posted here, however.

Panacur paste

Postby vikki01 » Sat Jun 06, 2015 10:15 pm

Is there any chance someone could confirm that if I used panacur paste 18.75% that for a 40gram tortoise I would need about 0.02ml and any advice on how to measure out such a small amount!! Am I right thinking that this should be repeated every 2 weeks for 2-3 doses has anyone used the granules?
Vikki.
vikki01

Re: Panacur paste

Postby Tortoise Trust » Sun Jun 07, 2015 6:23 am

40g is very small, and the amount needed is equally small. For such small amounts it is very difficult to get the dose entirely accurate, fortunately, there is a large margin of error. I use a very small insulin syringe with the needle cut off as an aid to dosing juveniles.
Tortoise Trust

Re: Panacur paste

Postby vikki01 » Sun Jun 07, 2015 1:06 pm

Hi - yes it is going to be a very small amount so have ordered insulin syringe now aswell!! I have got a new tortoise who weighs 70grams and can definitely see worms in the poo so am going to worm everything in the house (except maybe my mum!!) to make sure no worms survive! Herbie is the one who weighs 40 grams so will be most tricky but he cant resist dandelion flowers so will hopefully eat it off one of those. The newbie - Daisy - hasn't eaten yet but will give her time to settle 1st anyway.
Vikki.
vikki01

Return to Health and Veterinary Topics