Regurgitation?

Please note: This forum cannot diagnose animals or recommend specific treatments. Sick animals MUST be seen by a qualified veterinarian. General questions relating to disease prevention, the early recognition of problems, and recommended veterinarians may be posted here, however.

Regurgitation?

Postby ejs » Fri Nov 03, 2017 10:15 pm

Hi

When I got home today I found a little slimy wet patch on my hermann's basking slate. It looked like a very small amount of clear liquid with a small lump of food in it.....l would say less than a quarter of a teaspoon in total. The clear liquid looked like saliva and it did not smell like poo so I think it must have been something regurgitated. She had not been fed for several hours and the food substance did not resemble anything in the last meal she ate. When I gave her dinner she chomped it down as usual. She has not left me anything like this before....should I be concerned? She is healthy and passed her pre hibernation check up just last weekend...also worm and parasite tested and all clear.

Thanks

Emily
ejs

Re: Regurgitation?

Postby Tracy33 » Sat Nov 04, 2017 5:27 pm

Just to say Emily , I can not say that I have ever seen my tortoise do any thing like this , perhaps it's just a one off . Although I am no expert , hopefully somebody will pop along and advise you better . In the meantime keep a close eye .
Tracy33

Re: Regurgitation?

Postby ejs » Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:39 pm

Just wondering still if anybody can provide any advice on my post?

I am pleased to say that 2 weeks later there has been no repeat performance.
ejs

Return to Health and Veterinary Topics