Article 10

Post your identification, classification, and natural history questions and field reports here.

Article 10

Postby sprakey34 » Wed May 10, 2017 8:15 pm

Firstly apologies if this is in the wrong section. I am so hoping to get some help in plain English about the Article 10 form. I have 2 Hermanns age 10yrs. I male and 1 female. Got them from a breeder as hatchlings. One came with an A10 certificate - the one I paid for and the other didn't - this one was gifted to me. I don't remember the reason why the gifted one didn't have an A10 - I think there was questions over paraentage. I had them microchipped this year and would like to obtain A10 for them both. I have been on line a printed off the form headed European Community from DEFRA website. I also have the guidance notes to help fill it in. OMG! Now, I know I am not stupid but am certainly feeling it right now. - I got as far as filling in my name and address. I cannot find the 3 letter codes for Annexvii regulation etc and really do not understand what I am suppose to do. Can anyone please help.
Many thanks in advance.
Meriel
sprakey34

Re: Article 10

Postby Bigjoe » Sun May 14, 2017 8:17 pm

Hi Meriel I'm going to try to find out the answer to this for you,I'll get back to you as soon as I have some info
Joe
Bigjoe

Re: Article 10

Postby elatort » Mon May 15, 2017 10:32 am

Hi Meriel,
Just to make sure you have the correct form, this is for the UK.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... ft-or-loan which would have been given with the tortoise. The breeders name will be on your 'yellow' certificate. If they still live there then having this filled out would help you qualify to register.

Then you now have your application, basically use your 'yellow certificate' (article 10 Transaction certificate) as a guide.
Is there a specific question that I can help you with?

Elaine
elatort

Return to Taxonomy, Identification and Natural History