Snow... and some very cold tortoises

Post your identification, classification, and natural history questions and field reports here.

Re: Snow... and some very cold tortoises

Postby jan » Sat Jul 14, 2012 2:19 pm

I am happy to hear that you took your special ones to Spain with you Andy, they are very lucky to be in the right climate for their needs. I often wonder if it is fair to keep tortoises as pets in this country at all. A bit like the wet donkeys and their foals here in the New Forest, they should be in the Mediteranean.

We are going to Greece in a couple of weeks, just for a holiday, and with this miserable weather I would love to take Tansy over and leave him there. But of course I wouldn't do that. He is now basking under his UV lamp in the conservatory (I am making sure his shell is not getting too hot!), bit it is just not the same. However he does look quite blissful with his neck and limbs stretched out, dozing peacefully. :? 8-)

I am a bit off topic here, must let you get on with the scientific discussion. I will stop interrupting now
:oops:

Jan
Nothing will benefit human health and increase chances for survival of life on Earth as much as the evolution to a vegetarian diet.
Albert Einstein
jan

Previous

Return to Taxonomy, Identification and Natural History