Yellowfoot tortoise..

Reports and discussions on all aspects of tortoise and turtle conservation.

Yellowfoot tortoise..

Postby Tortoise Trust » Wed Sep 28, 2016 3:50 pm

https://www.theguardian.com/environment ... ew-dollars

Too bad I am vegetarian. Reading this, a Peruvian wildlife dealer might be appealing otherwise, maybe with fava beans and a nice Chianti...
Tortoise Trust

Re: Yellowfoot tortoise..

Postby ejs » Wed Sep 28, 2016 7:26 pm

If I wasn't a vege as well I may join you. That photo is quite horrific... I am sickened by what people do.... It was only this week that I saw a similar photo of poachers killing rhinos for their horns to sell for Chinese medicine. These people need to be stopped it is disgusting and hugely distressing to see.

Emily
ejs

Postby Stuart » Wed Sep 28, 2016 7:55 pm

This is all very depressing.
And frustrating, and infuriating.

TT meat-eaters will find this distressing.
As another TT vegetarian, I find it all of the above, and also...incomprehensible.
Stuart
Hermanns (old female and 5 home-bred offspring), iberas (two), kbn (rescue), leopard, horsfield (rescue), stars (2 - long term loan), red-eared sliders (5)
Stuart
Wiki Editor
Wiki Editor

Postby Bigjoe » Wed Sep 28, 2016 8:02 pm

Horrific..yes indeed..it's articles like this that I hope will make people sit up and support projects for Tortoises welfare and conservation,for all the **** people out there selling,eating,stealing from the wild,keeping them in terrible conditions there are good people also doing their best...they need support from people like us on here...Tortoise People.
Joe
Bigjoe

Postby Tracy33 » Wed Sep 28, 2016 8:24 pm

Yes , I agree with all above , and as I read , I am almost crying . Why oh why .
Tracy33

Postby Stuart » Wed Sep 28, 2016 9:14 pm

Tracy33 wrote: Why oh why .

Well, I guess the sale of wild meat is motivated by money (either need for it or greed for it) and the purchase and consumption of it is also motivated either by need, or greed.

The trade in live animals...similarly, probably.

radix malorum est cupiditas
Stuart
Hermanns (old female and 5 home-bred offspring), iberas (two), kbn (rescue), leopard, horsfield (rescue), stars (2 - long term loan), red-eared sliders (5)
Stuart
Wiki Editor
Wiki Editor

Return to Chelonian Conservation