British Federation of Herpetologists

Reports and discussions on all aspects of tortoise and turtle conservation.

Re: British Federation of Herpetologists

Postby Chris Newman » Thu May 28, 2009 9:15 am

Actually Sue J I keep a lot of animals, we run a sort of sanctuary [for want of a better term] for unwanted exotic animals. My fight is to preserve the rights of people, like you and me, to keep animals. I concede that people sometimes get things wrong, legally and husbandry wise and that education is the key to improving welfare of animals.

Chris
Chris Newman

Postby Tamie Milne » Thu May 28, 2009 11:43 am

[quote="Chris Newman]

Why such hostilities Tamie?

I can name all of the companies that belong to REPTA if you like, not certain I see the point? I am employed as a consultant, in other words I represent the reptile industry at various levels, including if you like as a spokesperson.

I don’t, as it happens keep any chelonians these days, I was unaware it was a prerequisite that I did to be a members of this forum; I thought an interest in chelonian issues was sufficient!
Forum rules please sign your posts[/quote]

Hostilities? Chris, you do not know me at all, unsure how you can deduce 'hostilities' from my post - I was merely pointing out that I needed not to be told what REPTA stood for. My post was not hostile, if you actually knew me you would be fully aware of a 'hostile' post from me ... ;) :lol: !! Don't try and make something out of nothing.

Perhaps if you ventured into other parts of the forum you would get a 'feel' for the person that I am and not make incorrect assumptions as you have.

Best go, got to bathe all the tortoises from the recent seizure .... bless their little scaley spindley legs!!

Tamie :D
Tamie Milne

Postby Tortoise Trust » Thu May 28, 2009 5:54 pm

Regarding recent hingeback seizures..

Interesting to note that UK dealers are advertising these as "LTC" (=Long Term Captives) at the same time as the exporters actually boast (online) about have excellent "trappers".

Chris. Let me ask you a straight question. Is this dishonest or not?

Andy
Tortoise Trust

Postby Tortoise Trust » Thu May 28, 2009 6:47 pm

Let me put it another way, then..

Is it totally disreputable to advertise recent wild-caught animals as "LTC"?

As a self-appointed paragon of the UK reptile trade, what exactly are you going to do about dealers/importers (a REPTA member, posibly?) who engage in this kind of flagrant misrepresentation and consumer deception?

Andy
Tortoise Trust

Postby Tortoise Trust » Fri May 29, 2009 4:29 pm

Funny how Chris Newman now chooses this moment to "bow out" from this forum! :lol:

Andy
Tortoise Trust

Postby Tamie Milne » Fri May 29, 2009 5:09 pm

Tortoise Trust wrote:Funny how Chris Newman now chooses this moment to "bow out" from this forum! :lol:

Andy

:lol: Seems to be the done thing, when things don't go 'your' way, throw dummy and leave! :lol:

Evidently Chris does not like being corrected on what he thinks the TT is all about! Sad.

Tamie
Tamie Milne

Postby Julie » Fri May 29, 2009 5:57 pm

Tortoise Trust wrote:Funny how Chris Newman now chooses this moment to "bow out" from this forum! :lol:

Andy

No way! I just sat down with a coffee and biscuits to read the latest instalment :roll:

Julie
Julie

Postby Chris Newman » Sat Oct 24, 2009 8:34 am

As some of you were concerned that the FBH doesn’t have a website I thought I would finally get one done, it is only in its infancy:
http://www.fbh.org.uk
Chris Newman

Postby Claris » Mon Oct 26, 2009 10:18 am

Having viewed this website I'm tempted to say "It's all Greek to me." :)

Claire
Claris

Postby MandyP » Mon Oct 26, 2009 11:32 am

So do we need to be bilingual to use the site ??????????? :D :D :D
Mandy x

2.1.2 Testudo Graeca ibera, Tinker, Winston, Aphrodite, Dot and Button !!
3.6 Horsefields, Lumpy and Bumpy, Mork and No 2 (yet to think of a name !!)Bertha, Sky, Pancake, Hope and Carla
1.2 Berber skinks
2.1 Children !!!!!!!
A husband !!!!
MandyP

PreviousNext

Return to Chelonian Conservation