Forum Rules

Official announcements, press releases, and bulletins from the Tortoise Trust. NOTE: Fully moderated section. Any posts made here are subject to approval, so there may be a delay before they actually appear.

Forum Rules

Postby admin » Fri Mar 13, 2009 4:45 pm

While the administrators and moderators of these forums will always try to remove or edit in a timely manner any objectionable or offensive material posted to these forums, it is not always possible, or practical, to review every post made to these forums. Please report offending posts to the moderators for action.

The first few posts by a NEW USER will be moderated. This is to protect the forum from offensive spam. Once your account has been confirmed as genuine, your posts will no longer be subjected to moderation delays.

CHOOSE A NON-OFFENSIVE, NON-SUGGESTIVE AND 'GENUINE' TYPE USER NAME TO AVOID DELAY IN GETTING YOUR ACCOUNT ACTIVATED. USERS FROM ANONYMOUS EMAIL PROVIDERS SUCH AS GMAIL, HOTMAIL, AND YAHOO (ETC) WILL BE SUBJECT TO IP ADDRESS CHECKING TO PREVENT SPAMMERS GAINING ACCESS TO THE FORUM. IT IS BEST IF YOU USE A 'REAL' EMAIL ADDRESS RATHER THAN AN ANONYMOUS ONE BY HOTMAIL, Etc.

Your use of this web site is expressly conditional upon your acceptance of our General Terms & Conditions of Use and our Privacy Policy. By using this web site you are indicating that you agree to be bound by these. If you do not agree to be bound by these, please end your current session and exit this web site. Registered Forum Users must also agree to be bound by the following additional Tortoise Trust Forum Terms & Conditions of Use:

* I acknowledge that the views and opinions expressed in the Tortoise Trust Forum are those of the author, and are not necessarily those of The Tortoise Trust, or of the administrators and moderators of the Tortoise Trust Forum.
* I agree that I will not hold The Tortoise Trust, or the administrators and moderators of the Tortoise Trust Forum responsible for any material posted to the Forum by a third party.
* I agree that I will not personally post, or allow my account to be used to post, any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated material, or any other material that might violate the laws of the United Kingdom. I confirm that I understand that my IP address will be recorded whenever I post to these forums, and that my IP address may be used to enforce this condition and if necessary report any breach of this condition to my internet service provider.
* You MAY NOT include links in your posts or signature to any other website that includes obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated material.
* Harassment or abusive behaviour towards another user EVEN PRIVATELY constitutes grounds for an immediate total ban. We expect decent standards of behaviour here at all times.
* I agree not to advertise live animals for sale on these forums without first seeking permission in advance from a moderator.
* The use of FALSE OR MULTIPLE IDENTITIES is prohibited. We expect you to at least use your first (real) name. This is only polite. If you post something, you should be prepared to stand by it openly.
* I agree not to use these forums to promote any activity that is injurious or harmful to any chelonian.
* I agree that The Tortoise Trust, and the administrators and moderators of these forums have the right to remove or edit any material I post at any time as they see fit.
* I grant my consent for the personal details I disclose when registering for or posting to these forums to be held on computers and/or servers operated by The Tortoise Trust. I confirm that I understand that the personal details I disclose when registering for or posting to these forums will be used to ensure the smooth operation of this web site and these forums.
* I understand that the personal details I disclose when registering for or posting to these forums will not be disclosed without my consent to any third party other than those listed above, unless there is a legal or statutory obligation to do so, or the disclosure of such personal information is necessary to expedite an investigation into a serious breach of these terms and conditions.
* I agree that The Tortoise Trust and the administrators and moderators of these forums can not be held responsible for the consequences of any breach of data security in computers or servers or systems operated by The Tortoise Trust. I also agree that The Tortoise Trust and the administrators and moderators of these forums can not be held responsible for any loss I incur as a direct or indirect result of any such breach of computer or server or systems security.
* I acknowledge that these forums use cookies to store information on my local computer, and that these are used to improve my viewing experience.
* I acknowledge that my email address will be used to confirm my registration details and password.

[b]Privacy Policy[/b]

We are committed to protecting your privacy and maintaining the security of any personal information received from you. We strictly adhere to the requirements of the data protection legislation in the UK. We are registered as a Data Controller under the UK Data Protection Act.

The purpose of this statement is to explain to you what personal information we collect and how we may use it.

2 When you your register for our newsletter we ask you for your name and address. If you register online we also ask for an email address and telephone number. The only information we retain is your name and mailing address. We do not retain your telephone number or email address for any longer than needed to ensure your subscription is processed correctly. We only retain email details as required to allow the operation of these forums.

3 We use your personal information to send you our newsletter or other relevant materials by mail or by email.

4 We do not sell, rent , give or exchange your personal information with any third party for any reason whatsoever.

5 We follow strict security procedures in the storage and disclosure of information which you have given us, to prevent unauthorised access in accordance with the UK data protection legislation.

We do not collect sensitive information about you except when you specifically knowingly provide it, for example if adopting or applying to adopt an animal. We will remove such data at any time if you ask us to.

6 We will not transfer your information outside the EEA (European Economic Area) without first obtaining your consent.

7 If you have any questions about privacy please contact us at: tortoisetrust@aol.com

8. Our nominated Data Controller is Chelonian Educational Resources Limited .
admin
Site Admin

Return to Tortoise Trust News and Announcements