Tortoise Trust on Facebook

Official announcements, press releases, and bulletins from the Tortoise Trust. NOTE: Fully moderated section. Any posts made here are subject to approval, so there may be a delay before they actually appear.

Tortoise Trust on Facebook

Postby Nadine Highfield » Fri May 15, 2009 7:01 pm

We have just activated the new Tortoise Trust Facebook page. We didn't have full control of the original account, so didn't receive messages from new members, or have access to some other settings. Unfortunately, you cannot change these settings after an account is opened, so it was necessary to delete the exiting page and set up a new one. :?

Sorry for the inconvenience and we hope that you'll join! The link is: http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id= ... 213&ref=mf

We'll be posting the latest news, plus announcements for free care publications, online library additions, workshops, and other services, so we can reach out to more people who have tortoises or turtles and/or want to help protect them in the wild. There are many new keepers and if we can reach them early on, we can help them find essential care information for their tortoise or turtles. Video clips will be added on a regular basis and conservation issues will also be highlighted. For example, if we can educate people going on holiday to know why they shouldn't bring home a little tortoise in their pocket :shock: that will be great.

Nadine
Nadine Highfield

Re: Tortoise Trust on Facebook

Postby * jo * » Fri May 15, 2009 7:08 pm

Ive joined :D
* jo *

Postby HelenMaughan » Sat May 16, 2009 4:27 pm

Me too! :D
Helen xx
HelenMaughan

Postby Janet » Sat May 16, 2009 4:53 pm

I have always kept away from the social networking sites. Nadine, is there anything that will be on facebook that I cannot find out from this forum,yahoo group or TT site. Don't want to miss out on the oppportunity of learning anything.

Janet
Janet
Janet

Postby chrissy » Sun May 17, 2009 11:53 am

I have to admit I love Facebook and spend too much time on it!
I rejoined the T.T group after Nadine's email, I also posted on the wall. Now, however when I click on T.T group up comes the page with nothing on it just the logo :( Is anyone else experiencing this? Think I'll try leaving them rejoining.
Chrissy
Chrissy
chrissy

Postby chrissy » Sun May 17, 2009 1:51 pm

Yep that worked. All back again :D

Chrissy
Chrissy
chrissy

Postby chrissy » Sun May 17, 2009 2:40 pm

Got excited there. Now it's gone again. I rejoined once and it was fine, so I tried rejoining for the seocnd time - again all was fine. I then watched Nadine's video and tried to return to the T.T Group's page and it was blank again. I wonder if it's just a glitch with my F.Bk.

Chrissy
Chrissy
chrissy

Postby Tortoise Trust » Mon May 18, 2009 7:44 am

Nadine is re-configuring it. So for a short while it may be 'on and off' as various changes are made.

Andy
Tortoise Trust

Postby janorcutt » Mon May 18, 2009 1:52 pm

I joined... it worked fine. Uh oh, here comes that Facebook addiction again. :lol:
janorcutt

Postby lynn c » Mon May 18, 2009 6:17 pm

I joined.......Now all I have to do is figure out how it works. Not easy for a techno phobe like me :lol:
Lynn C
lynn c

Next

Return to Tortoise Trust News and Announcements